Sunday, December 5, 2010

Office Inspiration

Dave has requested that the office be designated as his "mountain room" so that he has a place to display photographs of our hiking, skiing and climbing adventures. Looking for inspiration for a theme to tie the ever changing photo collection together, I started to search for vintage ski posters. So far these two are the leading contenders.

Ete Hiver Chamonix Mont-Blanc Print


Dave has also asked that at least one wall in the house be painted something other than white so my compromise will be the wall behind the built-in desk. Right now I am flipping between a light green or rich orange to compliment the posters or a deep gray or even black for a more dramatic look. The orange is my favorite but I am scared it will blend too much with the red brick veneer that will be on the chimney beside the desk.

    

Mountain Road, Supreme Green, Peppery from Sherwin Williams
 
IXL Durham Brick Veneer
DecorPad
I am still searching for inspiration for the photo wall but want to find a gallery system that will easily allow us to swap out photos and frames as the collection changes.

Gallery Frames, Pottery Barn

Studio Wall Easel, Pottery Barn
AS Hanging Systems

It will still be months before I can even start to decorate but in the meantime I can continue to dream!

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...