Friday, September 21, 2012

Kijiji Treasure

The other day I stumbled upon the cutest Mid Century Modern chair on kijiji for only $55!

Kijiji: Antique 1940s era solid walnut
Via kijiji

The seller describes it as a 1940s walnut "Mayfair" style chair - google provided me with no clues as to what the "Mayfair" style refers to...

Kijiji: Antique 1940s era solid walnut
Via kijiji

However I still love the clean, classic lines reminiscent of the Wishbone chairs which seem to be popping up everywhere recently.

Via Designer Pages

It would look fantastic refinished and paired with a bold fabric or even painted a vibrant colour. Although it seems a shame to cover up such beautiful walnut...

I was initially a little disappointed that there is only one for sale but it would easily be combined with other Mid Century style chairs for an eclectic look.


desire to inspire: I want to live here and there
Via ffffound
  
053111-goodquestions2.jpg
Via Apartment Therapy

Pinned Image
Via Homedit

Pinned Image
Via ffffound

Unfortunately, I don't have a home for it in our house...


Amy

I ♥ comments...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...