Saturday, January 5, 2013

January Cure: Day 2

As part of my New Years Resolution to get my life back under control I have decided to participate in Apartment Therapy's January Cure. The January Cure is a series of 31 daily tasks with the aim of whipping your home into shape, getting it clean, organized and under control.

The first assignment was to Make a List of Projects. The second assignment was to Set Up Your Outbox. The outbox is a space, that may or may not be an actual box, that acts as a "halfway house" where items are placed while you decide their ultimate fate.

Outbox Rules
  • Anything can go in the Outbox
  • The Outbox is allowed to get messy
  • Everything must stay in the Outbox for at least one week
  • After that time you have several choices:
    • Take anything back out
    • Leave anything you are undecided about for one more week
    • Dispose of the rest by moving to the garbage, recycling bin, or giveaway pile

I designated a corner of the spare bedroom as our Outbox since the room is rarely used and since a good portion of the project list revolves around the second floor rooms.

The first item I placed in my Outbox was kind of cheating since I know it is destined for Goodwill - the old spice jars from my recent spice cupboard re-organization. Knowing me, the Outbox will mostly act as a giveaway pile.


I am definitely feeling inspired to start purging!

Amy

I ♥ comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...