Monday, January 7, 2013

January Cure: Day 3

The weekend assignment for Apartment Therapy's January Cure was to Buy Flowers, Vacuum, Mop, Gather Earth Friendly Cleaners & Use Your Outbox.

You don't have to tell me twice to buy flowers!


Gathering Earth Friendly Cleaners was easy too - the majority of my cleaner is already done with vinegar or Dr. Bronner's Soap. I love the smell of the peppermint version but also use the tea tree oil version when I am looking for a disinfectant.

Recently I discovered a recipe for a fantastic all-purpose cleaner that works amazing on wood floors, granite counters and stainless steel appliances.

  • 1 cup vinegar
  • 1 cup rubbing alcohol
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 to 3 drops Dr. Bronner's Soap or dish soap

Simply combine all of the ingredients in a spray bottle using a funnel. For wood floors, lightly mist the floors with cleaner and wipe with a dry micro fibre mop. For stainless steel, lightly mist and wipe with a dry rag.

And as I predicted the urge to purge has taken over and I already have an overflowing Outbox!

Previous Posts:

Amy

I ♥ comments...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...